Nobanno (A Ground Rice & Milk Porridge)
Nobanno. A delicious milk and ground rice porridge. Blessed with the produce of autumn - winter - specks of luscious oranges that had just hit the markets, gorgeous green peas that had just arrived, tiny morsels of sugarcane, ivory bits of custard apple and many more.
Redolent of the earth.
- 1.5 cups gobindobhog rice
- 1.5 cups reduced milk 1.5 lit milk is reduced to 1.5 cups
- 2/3 cup coconut freshly grated
- 1/3 cup khejur patali or date palm jaggery grated
- 2 ripe bananas lightly mashed
- 1/3 cup fresh orange pulp peeled and segments separated
- 1/3 cup fresh green peas
- 1/4 cup ata or sitaphal or custard apple pulp
- 1/4 cup sugarcane cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup pomegranate
- 1/3 cup apples cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated
Soak the rice overnight . Drain, make a coarse paste with very little water .
Take the rice paste in a mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients. Give it all a hearty mix. Serve.