Chicken Cutlets. Minced chicken. Marinated lovingly in onion, ginger and garlic. The fresh burst of citrus. The heat of peppercorn and chillies. Shaped into cutlets. Crusted with breadcrumbs. Fried to a sinful golden.
Bengali style Chicken cutlet
- 400 g minced chicken
- 2 slices bread edges trimmed and torn to small pieces
- 2 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp onion juice
- 2 tsp ginger juice
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4-5 green chili finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 2 eggs whipped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- breadcrums for coating
- oil for frying
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, fry the chopped onions and garlic till light brown. Keep aside.
- Marinate the minced chicken with lemon juice, black pepper and a little salt, keep aside for 15 odd minutes.
- Add the onion juice, ginger juice, chopped green chilies, coriander leaves and fried onion and garlic. Mix well, keep aside for at least 2-3 hours.
- Add the pieces of bread, give it a hearty mix.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Take the plain flour in a flat dish and the bread crumbs in another. Keep the whipped eggs in a wide-mouthed bowl.
- Take a generous spoonful of the minced chicken, using your hands, carefully shape it like a cutlet.
- Roll the cutlet in the plain flour, dip in the egg wash and finally roll in the breadcrumbs, ensuring the cutlet is coated evenly on all sides.
- Press the crumbed fillet gently, shake off any extra crumbs.
- Repeat for the remaining minced chicken.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, fry the cutlets one by one till they are a gorgeous golden. Keep aside on a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with kasundi, lemon wedges and onion slices.
- Serve hot with kasundi or your favorite dips.